Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Epic Day

"An epic GS day!" said freshman Alex Jerred. However, he is new this year so what he does not know it that the whipping northerly wind that was blowing straight up Whirlaway, glazing the surface is generally the norm around here. It felt like home standing on top of the trail with my tips pointed straight down the extremely steep pitch and moving nowhere due to the gusts.

We came out in the afternoon and the sun was shining and the trail was bulletproof. The course was fast and not very easy and yet everyone rose to the challenge. I definitely saw some of the best skiing I have seen from many people today.

I was quite busy videoing the runs so unfortunately did not get any pictures out on the hill but I do have this gem of the freshman boys. They got to ride home with Ed and I in the mini van and they were pretty excited.


John and Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment